Friday, October 22, 2010

to see the Sahara Desert!To see the people of the veil!(The Tuareg people)

As I was laying in bed I feel into a deep sleep and in that instant came into another life where I was alone and in a place somewhere dark, but for some reason I was not scared but suprisingly I was curious as to where I was; so I stood up and walked foward, and as my vision got clearer I see a figure in robes of indigo blue. As the person came closer it was a man in a gorgeous indigo blue veil wrapped around his face only leaving his eyes uncovered. For some strange reason I got a feeling of butterflies as he took my hand and lead me out of the dark out into the sun and I realized I was in a big tent and his hands were rough and still thin and as he led me I noticed that I was dressed in a long flowing skirt and had beautiful jewlry and henna covering all my fingers. As he lead me out of the tent there were many people dressed like him and I and as my feet touched the hot sand and the blazing heat of the sun touched my face I knew I was somewhere that I have always wanted to be I was sorrounded by beautiful woman as I looked. andalso they were decorated from head to toe in jewlry and henna as I was too. The men were colorful too and were tall and handsome. When he let go of my hand and turned to look at me and I just knew he was familiar but where had I seen this person from? and why was I here?dressed differently from what Im used to and people that look so different from people I know? Then in an instant I knew where I was as my feet became covered in piles of hot sand. I was standing in the Sahara desert where I read about months ago in a deserted library studying pictures of beautiful people and their cultures. I was in West Africa. sourounded by the Tuareg people," the people of the veil", in the Saharan desert, and I was happy.I was home.




So then I wake up and yea Im back in my Chicago room the size of a closet and lying there thinking damn what made me wake up and that is when I see my ipod sitting next to me so the only thing I can do in the dead of night is put those ear buds in my ear and dream some more. and that is exactly what I did!

Hi, my name is Carolyn and I started this blog to share my love of music, cultures, and clothing as you could probably tell in my short story.lol. I wanted to share my experiences that I can probably only dream in my head and also impact other people and get them to share what they love and hear other peoples favorite things( music, cutures, and clothing etc). I feel that music is the only way people around the world can actually sit down and listen to each other no matter what language it is and just smile and be impacted in a beautiful way. music is a way for people who are stressed to relax and look foward to the next day or maybe just the next song in their ipods.lol. but music to me has such a big impact on peoples lives. music can bring people together or start rebellions, and that is part of why I named my blog musicsname because I feel that when I think of music I dont think of music as catagories I think of music as sounds that unite people and places and destinguish one place from another and I find that amazing and over the yrs. I learned alot about different cultures just by the music. That is why I love music and cultures so much and learned to love them both strongly, and of course since Im a girl there isnt one thing that I hate about fashion and beautiful thing which is why I also love clothing and different things that cultures wear. fromtheir shoes, down to the scarves that distinguish someone. And this is my life, this is the only things that make me happy. I think about them 24/7, day and nigh,t when I get up to brush my teeth, to the time Im ready to lie down and listen to my music and its what I will always love!

So hear is my recent findings of music that I have fallin so hard for. It's music by Tuareg people in their native Berber language. I love it so much it puts me in a relazed mood and its just so dreamy one day I would like to go to africa and meet the Tuareg people and hear them sing and the kids play, It would be an honour!
here is a band that is famous and are Tuareg and I love them so much they are called Tinariwen I have already downloaded 3 songs by them they are so good. The first song that I feel in love with was a song called lulla from their album Imidiwan: Companions.  I promise you when your done listening to this song u wont stop your defenitly gonna wanna hear more!



No comments:

Post a Comment